Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Mission: Respect for the environment is an important value to Carlisle residents. The Carlisle Transfer Station is an essential town asset that provides opportunities to properly dispose of solid waste, reuse useful items, and recycle.
Charge: The Transfer Station Action Committee (TSAC) will implement the final recommendations of the Transfer Station Task Force (TSTF) as unanimously approved by the Select Board on 1/22/22. The main responsibilities include:
• Reduction of the town’s solid waste tonnage
• Improvements in the town’s recycling efforts
• Improvements in the layout and appearance of the Transfer Station
• Improvements in the reuse of re-usable items
• Community education about the purpose of the Transfer Station
• Recommendations for additional improvements
• Monitoring and reporting on progress
• Support for the DPW staff who manage the Transfer Station
The TSAC will provide regular progress reports to the Carlisle Select Board as requested.
Membership: 8 to 10 (including two current members of the Household Recycling Committee) for 3 year terms
Transfer Station Action Committee Google Docs available HERE