- Select Board
- Community Choice Aggregation Program
Community Choice Aggregation Program
The Town of Carlisle is pleased to provide a Community Choice Aggregation Program (aka, Community Choice Power Supply or Municipal Aggregation) (“Program”). This Program enables local government to combine the purchasing power of its residents and businesses to provide them with an alternative to Eversource Basic Service (M.G.L. c. 164, § 134). This Program only affects the supply portion of a participant’s monthly bill. It does not affect the delivery portion of a participant’s monthly bill. Eversource delivers electricity throughout Carlisle regardless of supplier, but Carlisle chooses the supplier for the Program. Each time Carlisle initiates a new supply contract, the new supplier will provide electric power supply for all consumers currently on Eversource Basic Service in Carlisle, unless they have previously opted out of the Program. Consumers can opt out of, or into, the Program at any time. However, consumers using independent suppliers may face penalties if they change suppliers before their existing contracts end.
To join Carlisle’s Program, you can do one of two things:
- Visit www.colonialpowergroup.com/carlisle/ and click the OPT-IN button, then fill out and submit the Opt-In Form.
- Call Colonial Power Group at (866) 485-5858 ext. 1 and ask to join the Town of Carlisle’s Program.
- For additional questions or concerns contact Susan Thomas, Carlisle's Sustainability Coordinator
For both of the above options, you should have your Eversource bill handy to provide some required information. Enrollments can only be processed on meter reads so it may take one or two billing cycles before taking effect.
Voters authorized the Carlisle Select Board to adopt a Community Choice Aggregation program (“Program”) at its 2016 Annual Town meeting. The Select Board seeks electricity suppliers through the Program that provide cost savings and environmental benefits on behalf of participating Carlisle residents and businesses. However, participating residents and businesses are not guaranteed cost savings compared to Eversource Basic Service. While Program rates are fixed for the duration of the contract, Eversource Basic Service rates are subject to change every six months.
Carlisle works with a consultant (aka, broker), Colonial Power Group, to secure competitive supplier bids, provide consumer outreach and support, assist with regulatory compliance, provide Program status reports, and otherwise facilitate the Program. Colonial Power charges a fee of $0.001/kWh for its services, which is included in the supply rates charged under the Program.
Carlisle’s first CCA contract (with Public Power LLC) ran from July 2018 to January 2021. Carlisle’s second CCA contract (with Residents Energy) runs from January 2021 – January 2024
The Program impacts only the supply portion of a consumer’s electric bill. Roughly half of a typical residential electric bill is for supply charges and the other half is for delivery charges. In Carlisle, Eversource delivers electricity, but may not supply it. A consumer’s electricity is supplied through either:
- The Program (in late 2020, this was the choice for about 70% of Carlisle households)
- Eversource Basic Service
- A contract with an independent supplier.
Options under Contract #2 (January 2021 – January 2024).
Any time on or after December 7, 2020, consumers can choose from three product options under Carlisle’s January 2021 to December 2023 contract:
- Standard Product (default product)--$0.11450/kWh: This is a 100% renewable energy product, including 33% to 37% (depending on year) from MA Class I Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) sourced in New England.
- Optional Basic Product--$0.10640/kWh: This product is the lowest cost of the three options. Similar to Eversource Basic Service, it just meets Massachusetts requirements for renewable energy content, including 18% to 22% MA Class I RECs (depending on year).
- Optional Green 100 Product--$0.13940/kWh: This product is a 100% renewable energy product that provides 100% MA Class I RECs. This option provides the maximum support of the New England renewable energy economy.
If you have questions or seek more information regarding Carlisle’s Program, please visit colonialpowergroup.com/carlisle or call toll-free at (866) 485-5858 ext. 1 . You may also contact the Environmental Sustainability Committee at email@example.com
To learn more about Residents Energy, please visit residentsenergy.com. To access Eversource’s Basic Service rates, please visit:
There are no published events in current month.
Mon Mar. 27
Mon Mar. 27
Tue Mar. 28