How do I obtain an Open Burning Permit?

In order to obtain a permit to burn during open burning season (January 15th through May 1st each year), Carlisle homeowners must be registered with the Fire Department. Homeowners must go to the communications center (Police Station) located at 41 Lowell Street in Carlisle in person. This can be done at any time and no appointment is necessary. There is no fee. Once registered homeowners must still call the Fire Department (978-369-2242) each and every day burning is planned after 8:30 a.m. Open burning may be suspended by the Fire Chief at any time.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a permit application?
2. How do I schedule an inspection?
3. How do I obtain an Open Burning Permit?
4. Is outdoor burning allowed?
5. Are outdoor cooking fires allowed?
6. Can I buy obtain a Fire Department patch?
7. How can I find answers to questions for my home insurance?
8. Is the Fire Department Hiring?